EPI-NO Delphine Plus is a dual-purpose birth training device.
Exercises to Stretch the Perineum from 37 weeks
EPI-NO exercises enhance the function of the natural pregnancy hormone ‘Relaxin’ to prepare the perineum with gentle stretching exercises.
EPI-NO stretching exercises should commence at 37 weeks and continue until the end of the pregnancy term.
These exercises gradually stretch the perineum in daily sessions of 20 minutes in total, comprising of 4 cycles of 5 minutes.
- Insert the EPI-NO balloon 2/3’s into the vagina.
- Gently contract and relax your muscles against the balloon, which provides resistance.
- Slowly inflate the EPI-NO balloon to the point of stretching and comfort.
- Each day you will inflate and stretch more.
- After the stretching phase relax your pelvic floor muscles and allow the inflated EPI-NO balloon to gently expel itself from the vagina.
- This will familiarise you with the sensation of delivering the baby’s head.
Pelvic Floor Muscle Exercises
EPI-NO also strengthens the pelvic floor muscles and can be used throughout the pregnancy, and/or following the birth to restore pelvic floor muscle strength, promote bladder control and sexual health.
These exercises can commence early in the pregnancy. A strong pelvic floor supports the weight of childbearing, and is more resilient in its recovery after the birth. In these exercises the balloon acts as a sensor and is only minimally inflated. During these exercises pelvic floor muscle strength can be progressively measured on the dial of the hand pump. These exercises continue after the birth of the baby.
Benefits of EPI-NO Delphine Plus:
- A simple device to exercise anytime at home
- Complements your perineal massaging
- Reduces the risk of perineal tears and episiotomy
- Less stress for mother and baby during second stage of labour
- Optimal device for speeding the regeneration/recovery process
- More sexual satisfaction
- Bio-feedback monitors and motivates your recovery performance