How to use the EPI-NO Delphine Plus
EPI-NO Delphine Plus is a triple-purpose birth training device
1. Exercises to help control and relax your pelvic floor muscles from 34 weeks
2. Exercises to stretch the perineum from 37 weeks
3. Post-natal pelvic floor muscle exercises
Based in the UK, we offer 7-days a week expert customer service, support and coaching if required.
ORDER YOURS TODAY!
Order before 12 noon for next-working-day UK delivery
Exercises to Stretch the Perineum from 37 weeks
EPI-NO exercises enhance the function of the natural pregnancy hormone ‘Relaxin’ to prepare the perineum with gentle stretching exercises.
EPI-NO stretching exercises should commence at 37 weeks and continue until the end of the pregnancy term.
These exercises gradually stretch the perineum in daily sessions of 20 minutes in total, comprising of 4 cycles of 5 minutes.
- Insert the EPI-NO balloon half way into the vagina.
- Gently contract and relax your muscles against the balloon, which provides resistance.
- Slowly inflate the EPI-NO balloon to the point of stretching and comfort.
- Each day you will inflate and stretch more.
- After the stretching phase relax your pelvic floor muscles and allow the inflated EPI-NO balloon to gently expel itself from the vagina.
- This will familiarise you with the sensation of delivering the baby’s head.
EXTREMELY SAFE AND NATURAL
- Using the EPI-NO Delphine Plus will not induce labour and it’s not possible to ‘overstretch’ yourself.
- Using the EPI-NO accustoms the perineum to the stretching required in childbirth and facilitates a return to normal.
- As in sport, the muscles you train will be strengthened and stretched.
Pelvic Floor Muscle Exercises
EPI-NO also strengthens the pelvic floor muscles and can be used throughout the pregnancy, and/or following the birth to restore pelvic floor muscle strength, promote bladder control and sexual health.
- These exercises can commence early in pregnancy.
- A strong pelvic floor supports the weight of childbearing and is more resilient in its recovery after birth.
- In these exercises, the balloon acts as a sensor and is only minimally inflated.
- Pelvic floor muscle strength can be progressively measured on the dial of the hand pump.
- These exercises continue after the birth of the baby.
The benefits of using the EPI-NO Delphine Plus
- A simple device to exercise anytime at home
- Complements your perineal massaging
- Reduces the risk of perineal tears and episiotomy
- Less stress for mother and baby during second stage of labour
- Optimal device for speeding the regeneration/recovery process
- More sexual satisfaction
- Bio-feedback monitors and motivates your recovery performance
See our full survey results of almost 1000 women, who used an EPI-NO during pregnancy